ABSC PRESS RELEASE
28 Feb 2018
ABSC – Press Release 24 February 2018.
The Executive of the ABSC met at length on Saturday, 24 February 2018 at the Brunswick Club in Melbourne. The Executive resolved to pursue a number of matters including the following: –
- 1)The Council is investigating the possibility of preferred suppliers in respect of airfares, travel agents and accommodation who would both sponsor the Council & Affiliates and provide discount rates to members and their families.
- 2)The Executive is in the process of redrafting its constitution. Once the draft is completed and recommended by the Executive it will be distributed to each of the affiliate members for review and public consultation.
- 3)The 200 Club - The Executive urged all affiliates and their members to purchase tickets in the 200-Club fundraising lottery. The money raised from this initiative is split equally between prize money (winning numbers in the ABSC 200 Club draw) and financial support to our players representing Australia in IBSF or WSL events.
- 4)The Executive is presently considering the structure of the 2019 calendar including sponsorship proposals from the various venues that host some of the national events.
- 5)The membership and configuration of the Council's sub-committees for 2018 have been updated and details will be published on the website.
- 6)A register of Tournament Directors will be established and a Tournament Director's information package is in the process of being prepared and will be available for general distribution shortly.
- 7)By-laws were passed which had the effect of making every member of every Affiliate association an "Ordinary Member" of the ABSC. The by-laws include by-law 11 :-
Ordinary Members are:
- not entitled to vote at any General Meeting;
- entitled to notice, via the Affiliate that they are a member of, of any General Meeting;
- entitled to attend at any General Meeting;
- entitled to seek permission to speak on any motion to be considered at a General Meeting. Permission to speak will not be unreasonably withheld. The Chairman may limit the time allowed for Ordinary Members to speak to any motion to a reasonable time having regard to the circumstances of the meeting;
- shall be subject to any policies and by-laws imposed from time to time by the Executive;
- 8)The ABSC tournament software and associated systems have now been developed to a point where shortly it will be available to each of the affiliates for their consideration and use.
- 9)Barry Jenner will now chair the Junior Development sub-committee and will be looking for contacts from each State of members interested in being involved in a national development program
- 10)The 2019 National Junior Championships and the Australian Junior Teams Competition will be held in Adelaide in January 2019.